As a WordPress fan I use plugins every single day. I constantly try new plugins to manage my time and daily blogging more effectively. Here are the top 6 plugins that I like most. You may check them out and see if they fit you too.
- All In One SEO: This plugin optimizes your blog titles for search engines, generates META tags automatically, and avoids the typical duplicate content found on WordPress blogs. What else can I add? If you don’t use it, believe me you will miss a lot.
- Google XML Sitemaps:A sitemap lets search engines understand your site structure and is helpful to get all your pages indexed successfully. Google XML Sitemaps will generate an error-free and compatible sitemaps in seconds, will refresh with each new article and ping the big search engines like Google, MSN Search, and Yahoo in a spam-free manner.
- WP Super Cache: Imagine one of your Digg submissions hit the front page.You will be rewarded with thousands of visitors in every seconds. Chances are, your shared hosting account can not cope with this immediate traffic rush. You are so lucky that WP Super Cache reduces the server load significantly and will help your blog stay online and prevent server crashes. Basically it generates static HTML files from your dynamic WordPress blog. After a HTML file is generated your server will serve that file instead of processing the comparatively heavier PHP scripts.
- WordPress Database Backup: This one is priceless! A few days ago I was trying to install WordPress for another blog in my hosting account. All of a sudden, I noticed that I somehow deleted all the files related to Search For Blogging. Imagine how terrible I felt for a few minutes. More than 300 blog posts! I was so lucky that I made a deal in October with Blog Destek, a paid blog support service provided by Burak Donertas. He frequently backs up my blog, and upgrades it for me. What if I did not get that service? All I can advice you is to back your WordPress up almost every week. A simple mistake can cause years of hard work. Don’t let that happen. Use WordPress Database Backup. It is quite easy to use.
- Viper’s Video Quicktags:Are you tired of copying embedded videos and pasting them to your blog posts? Then this plugin is a must for you. All you need is to install this plugin, and then press a button and paste the URL of the video. It supports major video sites like You Tube, Google Video, Vimeo, Daily Motion, etc.
- MobilePress: We are living the mobile phones craziness these days. How about your blog? Do you have a mobile-friendly version of your blog? If you don’t, no worries. MobilePress helps your blog to fit the iPhone, the Blackberry, and any other mobile device. You can also use a customized theme for your blog.