New Blog Design for Celebrating One Year Blog AnniversaryPosted by Mert Erkal on Sep 4, 2008 in Affiliate, Blog, Blogroll, Copyblogger, Making Money Online, Marketing PR, Personal Development, Relaxation, RSS & Subscription, Small Business, Social Networking, WordPress | 12 comments
It’s been one year since I launched SearchForBlogging. I have decided to have a custom blog design with the money I made online to celebrate one year anniversary. I was so lucky that I found Sahil Lavingia, the owner of Pixel Jig, as designer (Read my previous post on him Pixel Jig – Creativity That Inspires) Sahil has done a great job and delivered a great design. The good thing is Sahil is only 16 years old. I can not imagine him at my age. I will work with him on TechSuave‘s custom blog design soon. Special thanks goes to Ilker Yoldas who has designed a very remarkable logo(and favicon for me). If you are looking for a logo/favicon for your blog, there is no need to look for another alternative than Ilker.
Yesterday I thought about the things I accomplished during my blog’s first year:
- 250 posts are delivered. If we assume 3 hours spent in average per post, it makes 750 hours for one year. In other words, 31 days spent only for writing posts and promoting them! What a dedication!
- I finished Blog Mastermind Blog Mentoring program by Yaro Starak
- I invented the term Bloghology.Similar to an anthology, Bloghology was a collection of bloggers, their profiles, photos, and links to their best posts. It was a PDF e-book which can be easily circulated throughout the blogosphere for personal branding and marketing of start-up bloggers. It was evolved and became a magazine when I met Vasilis Pasparas, the owner of IGM Interactive. Have you joined our contest by the way? Spread the Word Bloghology, Win an iPhone 3G!
- My blog’s Alexa hit 69,168. RSS readers are almost 300, and up!
- In average 400$ per month was generated through my blog which encouraged me to leave my full time job by the end of July 2008.
- I signed a contract with a media company in USA to let them use my RSS feeds for the magazine they are building for mobile phone users mainly in USA. I will tell you more about this as soon as I get the media kit from them.
All in all, it was a very fruitful year for me. Next year will be a lot better than this year. This new blog design will help me get more attention, thanks to Sahil Lavingia!
How do you find my new custom blog design? I am looking forward to hear your thoughts and suggestions.