How I Quadrupled My Blog’s Traffic In 3 MonthsPosted by Mert Erkal on Dec 27, 2007 in Blog, Copyblogger, Making Money Online, Marketing PR, WordPress | 132 comments
As 2007 goes by, it is the right time to inform you about the performance of Search For Blogging. The above snapshot has been taken today from SiteMeter.com. As you can clearly see from the figures, my blog’s traffic has increased significantly each month:
(*) the growth rate for Dec will be close to 40% based on my assumption that the monthly visits will be around 4000.
Search For Blogging is only 4 months old. Despite that, the performance was good and satisfactory for me:
RSS Subscribers : around 100 in average everyday (stats provided by Feedburner)
Technorati rank : 124,132 (Authority 60) – 185 blog reactions to Search For Blogging
Alexa rank : 253,520
Well, let me tell you step by step what i did to achieve such a good performance:
- Last August i discovered Yaro Starak’s Blog Profits Blueprint and then joined Blog Mastermind. Blog Mastermind program has dramatically changed my blogging. Now i know all the tactics & strategies to earn my living from blogging. The good thing is, i am ready to share all my knowledge and expertise with my fellow readers completely for free.
- I dedicated nearly 3 hours each day to my blog for the last 3 months. As i have a 9-17 job, i used the time as efficient as possible. I have limited watching TV to 1 hour per day. I carried a note book with me everywhere, and took notes. Imagine, i have been thinking about my blog while jogging.
- During this period, i discovered my role in the blogosphere; developing a network of good bloggers, giving hand to new bloggers, learning new concepts and sharing them with others. These are all in line with my core personal values.
- Even though my aim is to earn my living by making money from blogging, i did not put money in the first place. It makes me feel good to make others happy for free.
- I added new friends from MyBlogLog and Blog Catalog each and every single day. How did i select new friends? I started from my recent visitors. You can find MyBlogLog visitors under Recent Readers widget on your blog(if you have inserted the widget to your blog)
- Longer feature posts improved my blog’s traffic. I discovered that when you deeply analyze a concept from A to Z, and then write a post about it the impact is amazing! You are rewarded by many incoming links. Here you may find my best long posts:
- 4 Keys To Blogging Success
- How To Track Your Keywords with HitTail
- 2007 Bloghology by Search For Blogging & Peopleized.com
- I took full advantage of social networking and social bookmarking. I have been to everywhere; Facebook, Linkedin, Digg, StumbleUpon, Blogging Zoom, Blog Catalog, del.ici.us, Gozino, Sphinn etc. For example i have more than 200 Facebook contacts. Please read my post Spread the Word Online using Social Networking
Meanwhile, feel free to add me as your friend:
- Facebook : Mert Erkal
- MyBlogLog : Mert Erkal
- Sphinn : merkal2005
- StumbleUpon : Merkal2005
- Digg : merkal2005
- I invented the term Bloghology and started a campaign. This campaign has doubled my traffic in a day. I broke a total number of comment record (42!) with this post 2007 Bloghology by Search For Blogging & Peopleized.com
- I have spent a lot of time on WordPress design, themes, plugins etc. I started to share my WordPress experiences with weekly Tips for Improving Your WordPress Skills series. I got very good response from my fellow readers.
- I started another series titled Speeding Links for Search For Blogging Readers. I spent 30 minutes each and every day to discover really great blogs and bloggers. Then i introduced them to my readers by giving links to those amazing bloggers and their awesome posts. This has helped me develop a good relationship with those bloggers. In the end we became friends with them.
- I developed a habit of submitting each and every post to Blogging Zoom. I got good traffic from Blogging Zoom, and my posts have been better indexed in Google. This way my blog received significant traffic from search engine results. Read more about Blogging Zoom here See How Easily You Can Increase Traffic
Well, the list goes on like that. I hope you now have some idea regarding how to quadruple your blog’s traffic in 3 months. In a nutshell, from my own experience, i defined 10 basic principles to successful blogging:
- Find your and your blog’s role in the blogosphere
- Give helping hand to new bloggers
- Don’t put money in the first place, money will find you
- Develop good relationship with other bloggers, leave comment, link to their posts
- Be proactive, plan your future
- Open your mind to new ideas, projects
- Focus on quality content, do not spend most of your time reading big bloggers
- Never underestimate yourself
- Have a road-map in your mind, take little steps everyday to reach your goals
- Do it your way!(Frank Sinatra!) Do not emulate big bloggers. Be yourself, no matter what they say (Sting!)
In a few days time i will inform you about my 2008 goals. Enjoy!