Posted by Mert Erkal on Jun 28, 2009 in Blogging | 7 comments
Yaro Starak has published a special video + text transcript so as to promote reopening of Become A Blogger blog mentoring course. The video is a good representation of Impact Marketing. You may watch the
the video by clicking on this link: Impact Marketing
You can find such videos inside the Become A Blogger Premium members area. If you are new to blogging, Becaome a Problogger could be a good place to start learning how to blog. Applying impact marketing techniques are essential for having a high traffic blog. So if you want to learn how to create a high traffic blog, then you may enroll Yaro’s course.
When you become a problogger, you will find yourself in the middle of a never ending war. The purpose of the war is to gain top 10 rankings at Google. Some probloggers even hire SEO experts to win the war. Some of them use their own SEO techniques. I personally prefer IBP to optimize my blog for high rankings on Google. IBP Top 10 Optimizer is a SEO system that analyzes the blogs that now have a high ranking for your major keywords.
The idea is simple yet brilliant. Since these pages have a top ten ranking, the pages must have all the best settings. With IBP, researching the top ranked blogs is very simple. The software investigates the blogs that now have a top ten ranking in the search engine of your preference and compares them with your blog.
IBP tells you the way in which the pages have got that ranking and how you have got to change your pages and the links to your blog to get an equivalent ranking. IBP helped me get more buyers and more sales with increased search engine rankings.
Watch this video, and download your trial version. You will be delighted to see how IBP can easily monitor your blog’s SEO performance over 300 criterias.
Have you noticed an inflated number on your Feedburner counter lately? Don’t worry. It is not a technical problem. Feedburner has recently started to count your FriendFeed subscribers. Previously it was counting your normal RSS subscribers and Aweber opt in subscribers. All in all it has started to count normal RSS subscribers, Aweber opt-in, and FriendFeed subscribers.
Probably this change will increase the gap between the most popular bloggers and normal bloggers in terms of social proof. Most of the bloggers still take the number of RSS subscribers as the key element when deciding about a blog’s performance. As popular bloggers have quite a lot of subscribers in FriendFeed (if they use it since very long time), their FeedBurner counters will also increase a lot.
This change also explains why all of a sudden John Chow joined FriendFeed. He regularly adds new subscribers these days. The idea is simple: once you subscribe a member, he or she will probably subscribe back.
So if you are also obsessed about the number of your RSS subscribers, do the same. Join FriendFeed, and subscribe to as many users as possible. In the end you will be able to increase the number of your RSS subscribers.
While doing so, don’t forget to subscribe me: http://friendfeed.com/merkal2005
In the first two parts we took a look at the key essentials to write a hot newsletter. Now let’s take a look at things to avoid and things to do in order to write a hot newsletter.
Things To Avoid For Writing a Hot Newsletter
- Make sure your newsletters don’t have typos, grammar mistakes, and spelling errors. This is vital for having a professional looking newsletter.
- Don’t write long sentences. Keep your sentences short. Short sentences are easy to scan and understand. Your subscribers are busy. They don’t have enough time to read two pages long newsletters. Make your newsletter so well that they can easily scan it in a few seconds.
- Do not list email addresses in the TO field. Your subscribers will not be happy when they see that you are sharing their email addresses with others.
- Do not provide broken links. Check each one of them carefully before you send.
- Do not try to fool your subscribers. They know that you are trying to sell something to them. But don’t overdo this. The fewer, the better.
Things To Do For Writing a Hot Newsletter
- Content is the key element of a hot newsletter. Be creative when writing content for your newsletter.
- Your open and response rate will increase if you add value to your subscribers businesses with every newsletter.
- Spend most of your time thinking about how to create a subject line and content that is going to be the most attractive one for your audience.
In the next part we will take a look at the subject lines, body, and style of a hot newsletter.
In Part 1 I talked about the basics of email marketing. Now let’s take a look at the do’s and don’ts of email marketing.
- Find target subscribers: Generate a list of subscribers who are interested in your products or services. If you try to add every email address in your mail list, you will end up with lots of subscribers to whom you will never ever have any chance of selling your products or services.
- Never ever use a free auto-responder: Your success in email marketing depends on your ability to deliver your newsletters and emails to your subscribers. If you use a free auto-responder, chances are your emails will end up in spam folders. Aweber and GetResponse are paid and premium auto-responder services, because they deliver your emails and newsletters to your potential customers.
- Personalize your messages: Starting your newsletters with the subscriber’s name will help you build a rapport with that subscriber. Set your email auto-responder to send personalized messages.
- Proofread your newsletters:Would you buy from an Internet marketer who regularly makes spelling errors, and can’t even get an affiliate link right?
- Don’t send too many email newsletters (or too few!) : The quickest way to get people unsubscribe to your email list is to bombard them regularly with your email newsletters. Send one email a week at least. If you send once in a month, probably most of your subscribers won’t even recognize who you are. They might even think you are a spammer.
- Don’t sell your email list: Don’t sell your email list to others no matter how much money they pay. Once you lose your subscriber’s confidence, you will never ever have any chance of selling a product in the online world.
- Include a call to action: If you want your subscribers to click on a link, tell them to click on it. You should not assume they will do it by themselves. It is much better to give them a reason to click on the link.
- Give tips and advice: It will take some time for your email list to become responsive. You should first give before you expect them to buy something from you. Send regular tips and advices, and get personal with them. You should make them feel valued. Your efforts will pay off in the long run.
In Part 3 we will take a look at things to do, and thing to avoid when writing a hot newsletter.