Posted by Mert Erkal on Dec 30, 2008 in WordPress | 1 comment
If you are a dummy or beginner blogger, you don’t need to pay so much money for a custom blog design like mine. You may buy a good quality premium theme, and make some changes on it so that it looks unique.
Do you remember my old post Say Hello To Premium WordPress Themes? They extended the 4 for 1 special until 31 December. If you are looking for a premium WordPress theme, you can get 4 premium themes for $70 from the WooThemes. If you can not afford $70, you may try one of their free themes. They are all very good quality and fancy looking.
You should ask your blogging buddies to collect the $70. 4 bloggers are enough. Each blogger will pay only $17.5. Then you will share the themes.
Good deal, right? One 4 All, and All 4 One!
Posted by Mert Erkal on Dec 29, 2008 in Blogging | 8 comments
Some people say the blogging is dead, and we are living in the era of microblogging. Actually, microblogging helps busy people join the conversation while they are on the move, share their ideas, and build a community. Every microblogger is a potential blogger. I see the future of blogging very bright. I share my predictions for 2009 and onwards in this post.
- More Interactivity: Blogs will become more and more interactive. Videos will play an import role in this. Bloggers will learn how to capture fancy-looking and professional videos to differentiate themselves in the blogosphere.
Posted by Mert Erkal on Dec 26, 2008 in Blogging | 9 comments
Some might say the headlines are the most important aspect of your blog posts. The others say content is much more important compared to blog headlines. Even if you write a killer headline, you still need to write something that adds value to your readers in the body of your post. Otherwise most of your first time visitors will never come back to your blog. Here are a few good tips for writing a successful blog post:
- Share your experiences as generously as possible. People will recognize them, and depend on your knowledge.
- Write short posts. Even if there are some popular bloggers like Steve Pavlina who never write less than 700 words, you should know that your readers have so little attention span. On the other hand you are not Steve Pavlina. 300-400 words articles are pretty good.
- Use lists. Your readers will catch the most important parts of your posts easily.
- Write timeless posts. They should not become outdated in a year.
- Announce breaking news; always try to be the first one.
- Learn, read, write. Until you become the expert in your field.
- Write good posts which people would like to ready and share with their friends.
- Limit your paragraphs with 6-8 sentences. It makes reading a lot easier.
- Never forget making a spellcheck before posting.
- Post one article each day. This is not only good for increasing your readers, but also yours will become a VIP blog in the eyes of Google.
These are my tips on writing a successful blog post. Now it is your turn. Please tell me your tips on writing a successful blog post.
Posted by Mert Erkal on Dec 25, 2008 in Video | 1 comment
Image by: TheDigeratilife.com