These days “money from blogging” is one of the most popular search terms on most search engines. A lot of people are suffering from the financial crisis, and looking for alternative ways to make money all around the world. Even though make money blogging seems like a very good opportunity at first sight, not every blogger will succeed in it due to its dependency on building a high-traffic blog. You need to take full advantage of blog carnivals if you want to have a high-traffic blog.
Benefits of Blog Carnivals
- The easiest way to get links
- You will get high traffic if you join them regularly
- Free marketing for yourself and your blog
- Pick up new subscribers from each round of carnival submissions
How To Join a Blog Carnival
- Sign up Blog Carnival
- Sign in with your email/password
- Select carnivals related to your blog posts, and start submission.
Join blog carnivals regularly, and you will be delighted with the increasing traffic. Do not spam the carnivals that are not directly related to your blog posts. If you want to see the maximum positive impact, help blog carnival owners spread the word about their carnivals.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a popular term in the Internet marketing world. SEO creates massive source of traffic for blogs and websites. If the major search engines, like Google and Yahoo, accept that your website provides a good answer to a specific keyword phrase that people regularly search for, then your site will receive tons of free traffic.
You can clearly understand from above why some people spend serious amount of their time on SEO. Most of the popular blogs derive a very large portion of their traffic just from ranking well in Google for some very specific keywords. This, in other words, can be translated into thousands of dollars in revenue.
The Long Tail
These days I have seen quite a lot of bloggers who are trying to dominate popular search phrases to pull traffic to their blogs. Frankly speaking, most bloggers will never dominate popular search phrases. Top five blogs dominated those keywords already. Thus, you should not expect your blog to rank on the first page of search engine results for those specific keywords.
Yet, the game is not over for the small and mid-sized bloggers. Thanks to a concept called the Long Tail, we can still drive good traffic from search engines without dominating the top keywords. You can manually do this with HitTail. Please read How To Track Your Keywords with HitTail for more details.
SEO Elite – Traffic Monster
Having said above, there is one magic software where you can still compete against top bloggers for some specific keywords without spending your valuable time. It is called SEO Elite.
If there is one software you should invest money for the sake of ranking well for specific keywords related to your niche, it is definitely SEO Elite
With SEO Elite you can view your competitor’s linking strategy which includes the ability to see the page your link is located on, the Google and Alexa ranking of their website, the total number of times a keyword appears on specified pages etc.
If you are new to SEO concept, you are so lucky! This software also teaches you how to optimize your website for search engines which in turn creates 100% free targeted traffic to your website. Well, what more can i expect from a SEO software?
In addition to above, it teaches you how to create your website pages for top ranking by using keyword density which is how many times your keywords should be repeated on your pages, keyword prominence which explains where your keywords should be placed etc.
Even though SEO Elite is a little expensive and sold at $167, I am glad that I invested my money on it.
Frankly speaking it took one whole week for me to decide buying SEO Elite. I checked with my trusted friends in the Internet Marketing business before I bought the software.
I have seen the positive benefits a few weeks later. It seems like a miracle that I am getting tons of free traffic from the search engines with SEO Elite. However, I must also tell you that you need to spend sometime on SEO Elite everyday. Do not expect miracles from the software. It is helpful when you regularly use it in conjunction with your daily blogging.
Posted by Mert Erkal on Oct 29, 2008 in Blogging | 2 comments
I have been interviewed by Codrut Turcanu from the Remarkeblogging.com. You may read the interview by clicking here: Interviews With Top Bloggers: Mert Erkal
Codrut has recently launched his own product Niche Blogging Profits. Sounds like an interesting affiliate marketing offer. I will try it out, and let you know more about it soon.
Make money blogging is not all about affiliate marketing, Google Adsense, paid reviews or selling your links. The ultimate target should be selling and promoting your own products using your blog, and evolve as an Internet entrepreneur throughout the time. I have taken the necessary steps to become an Internet entrepreneur with the Bloghology Blogging Magazine and Social Network for bloggers. I would like to share some of the experiences I learned so far, thus I opened another category in my blog entitled “Startup”. Beginning from this week I will be sharing my experiences with Internet entrepreneurs who are struggling for their Internet start-up projects.
Change The World With Your Project
One thing common in all successful online projects is that they change the world from upside down. Take a look at Google. They brought a new meaning to Internet search, and surpassed their competitors in a few years time.
Lesson to be learned from Google: If you make meaning, you will make good money. So as an entrepreneur you should test your own project before you fall in love with it.
Ask this simple question to yourself “Does my project make a meaning to a targeted group of people?”
The Key Ingredients for Internet Success
- Make meaning
- Get going (even if there is a financial crisis)
- Think different from your competitors
- Find a few soul mates, become partners with them, understand that its not a one man show
- Clearly define your business model, be specific
- Put milestones for the project
- Understand your potential customers needs
- Make a short presentation preferably with 10-12 slides maximum
- Work with the people who may voluntarily work with you, influenced by your project
- Have some test drivers at the beginning
- Don’t let negative people change your mind or direction
I will go into details of these later. But first, I would like to check with you, if there is anything you would like to add my list?
Posted by Mert Erkal on Oct 26, 2008 in Blogging | 8 comments
There is one thing common for every bloggers. We are desperately seeking for more people to visit our blogs. There are so many ways to increase a blog’s traffic. I mentioned my ways in How I Quadrupled My Blog’s Traffic In 3 Months. But it was before the Google Insights for Search. With this amazing tool, every blogger can now see what the world is searching for, and compare search volume patterns across specific regions, categories, and time frames.
How Can We Use Google Insights for Search for Daily Blogging
Frankly, Google Insights is a treasure I have been looking for quite a very long time. Before the Google Insights, I was using tools like Hittail to keep track of keywords that bring traffic to my blog via search engines. You may read my old post How To Track Your Keywords with HitTail to see how I was managing that.
- With the launch of Google Insights now we can reach Google’s search engine database from 2004-present, see the search trends for a given search term, narrow search data to specific categories, and even see the seasonality of a specific search term.
- Affiliate marketers can now anticipate demand for the products they are promoting. They can also see the regional interest for their product by reaching out the search volume distribution across regions and cities.
- You can now check the possible search terms related to your post before publishing. This will give you the chance to create a title with those search terms, which in return will bring you more traffic from search engines. You may also add the hot search terms you get from Google Insights as tags.
- Google Insights also provides you the rising searches for a given search term. Include these rising searches in your title, and get even more traffic into your blog.
- You can also compare a few keywords at the same time. This comes handy if you are not sure which keyword will bring you the highest traffic at a given time.
- You can see local search trends by filtering into countries. A breakdown of cities are also included. If you are blogging about New York and for the people in New York, then there is no point in getting the search trends in Patagonia.
All in all Google Insights for Search is a very practical blogging tool for every blogger. If used regularly with the Google Analytics, the positive impact will be higher. Also you may check Most Useful Free Google Marketing Tools for Bloggers.
Do you have any other idea on how to use Google Insights for Search for our daily blogging?