Learning and sharing are the key characteristics of my search for blogging. In that respect I spent so much money and time until today. At first I joined Yaro Starak’s Blog Mastermind program, and then continued with his Membership Site Mastermind. Recently I have joined Socialpowerlinking.com.
I believe these programs improved my blogging significantly. I am very happy to share the blogging concepts I learnt from these programs with my fellow readers.
Now there are two great blogging concepts I would like to share with you. They are Video & Podcasting. Video & Podcasting in 2008 is going to be like article marketing boom of 2005. That is why I included a Podcasting manual in March 2008 Bloghology.
Some of my readers told me that I should have included some tutorials and podcasting examples in the manual. They were absolutely right.
Here is The Complete Idiot’s Guide To Podcasting:
What is Podcasting?
A podcast is an audio file distributed via an RSS feed. The term podcast comes from Apple’s iPod player combined with the word broadcast. Actually, you don’t have to use an iPod to listen to a podcast, but due the popularity of Apple’s player, the act of distributing music for listening to on the run came to be known as Podcasting.
As a blogger, in order to podcast all you have to do is to record an audio (Say an interview with a popular blogger), turn it into a MP3, upload it to your blog and then promote and distribute it.
Why Podcasting is So Important?
- You develop better relationship with your readers
- You distribute your content using another communication channel
- It introduces you to other bloggers and opens doors to new relationships
- They make you famous!
- You can stand out from the crowd with Podcasting, especially in 2008!
Podcasting Software & Plugins
- Audacity – free open source audio editing software
- iTunes – Use the iTunes inbuilt MP3 converter
- Filezilla – This is the FTP program you can use to upload the MP3s to your blog server
- Use the PodPress plugin to format and optimize your podcast presentation in WordPress
- The Audio-Player plugin is a more simple solution if you just want to include a streaming MP3 player in your WordPress blog.
How To Promote Your Podcasts
Podcasting Tutorials & Learning Videos
Podcast Examples for Bloggers
In case you need further assistance on Podcasting, please visit Search For Blogging Forum and leave your comment. I will be more than happy to assist you.
Finally I have managed to finish March 2008 Bloghology . You may download it by clicking on the above button.
Here are some of the highlights from March 2008 edition:
- Alex Sysoef personally sees video continue to grow and take even bigger part in Web 2.0 Networks.
- Read Stephan Miller’s suggestions to new bloggers
- An Internet Genius – Yagiz Nizipli
- Web Technology by Ash Chuan
- The Story of Extreme Ezine by Brian Hawkins
- Travel Around the World with Erica Johansson
- Graphic Design Articles by Graphic Identity
- His & Hers – A Blog About Depression by Susan King
- Never The Same River Twice with Maria Gajewski
- Have a Reason For Smile with Robert Antonius Henru
- Make Money Working From Home with Charly Leetham
- Discover Tech Planet with Nazrul Nizam
- How To Rule The World with Robert Priolo
- Welcome to Henson’s Hell
- Podcasting Manual for Bloggers
If you want to participate in the coming editions of Bloghology, please sign up at www.bloghology.org
Please help me spread the word Bloghology.
- Please put Bloghology buttons on your blogs :
<a href="http://www.searchforblogging.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/2008-march-bloghology.pdf"><img src="http://www.ilkeryoldas.com/download-125.jpg" alt="Download March 2008 Bloghology" /></a>
<a href="http://www.searchforblogging.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/2008-march-bloghology.pdf"><img src="http://www.ilkeryoldas.com/download-big.jpg" alt="Download Free Bloghology Ebook" /></a>
Looking forward to receive your feedback regarding March 2008 edition. Enjoy reading!
I have been quite busy for the last couple of days due to preparation of Bloghology. Even though it is a huge workload for me, i enjoy every minute of it. It is really fun to manage a project with a group of talented and unique bloggers. You will meet them all in the March 2008 edition. In this edition i prepared some surprises for you. I am sure you will like them.
Now, i need your support to spread the word Bloghology.
- Please put Bloghology buttons on your blogs If you haven’t done already
- Please feel free to join Bloghology Blog Catalog group.
- If you have a Facebook profile, you are also kindly invited to join Facebook Bloghology group.
- Please Stumble and Digg www.bloghology.org
- If you haven’t heard of Bloghology before, please download 2007 Bloghology and give me feedback. Your constructive criticism is very important.
Don’t forget to download your copy on 26th of March, Wednesday. If you want to be promoted in the coming editions of Bloghology, sign up at www.bloghology.org
Posted by Mert Erkal on Mar 20, 2008 in Blog, WordPress | 6 comments
It’s been nearly 2 days since WordPress 2.5 release candidate is launched. Most of the bloggers are not aware what is going on, and how WordPress 2.5 will affect their blogging. I thought it could be useful to create a list of reliable WordPress resources for bloggers:
- Download the latest versions of WordPress from WordPress Download
- For forums, WordPress documentation, installation, troubleshooting, or addons you should refer to WordPress Support Areas
- WordPress Plugin Database is one of the biggest plugins directories.
- Okay, you know where to find plugins. However, there are thousands of plugins available. Which ones are necessary ? Here is a list of my favorites:
- All in One SEO Pack : Provides you some advanced SEO
- Comment Relish : It is a great serving for this purpose. It increases your readership and RSS subscription rate by simply sending a short ‘thank you’ message to users when they first comment on your blog. This is a good way of welcoming your first time visitors.
- What Would Seth Godin Do?: This is one of the most innovative plugin i have ever seen. The plugin generates a welcome message based on cookies to your first time visitors. It boosts your RSS subscribers in a few days period!
- Subscribe to Comments: It allows users to subscribe to comments and gets notified whenever someone replies. Incredible community builder!
- ShareThis: This plugin puts a button at the end of your posts which makes sharing very easy. It supports email and posting to social bookmarking sites like StumbleUpon, Digg etc.
- Ad Rotator : Rotate any kinds of Ads(Including Adsense). If you are about to make money online with your blog, then it is a must!
- Add WordPress Web 2.0 Guide to your favorites
- Always keep an eye on WordPress Security Guide
- List of Must Have & Highly Recommended WordPress Plugins
- Did you know that Your WordPress Blog Can be a Forum?
- Are you ready for WordPress version 2.5? To be on the safe side, go and check WordPress Upgrade Preparation Checklist
- Did you know How to Use WordPress as a Membership Directory?
- Read 10 Things You Need to Know About WordPress 2.5
- Learn how to customize your WordPress theme
- Do you need some free WordPress themes ? 100 Excellent Free WordPress Themes
- Bored of your current WordPress theme ? Take a look at these Free WordPress Themes – Magazine / 3 Column styles
- Do you know how to enhance your WordPress Image System ?
- Post your threads toWordPress Tips & Resources in case you need assistance.
- Are you looking for a reliable and effective WordPress plugin which is flexible enough to play various files? Then you better check this one : WordPress Plugin: Viper’s Video Quicktag
- Do you know how to optimize your WordPress blog? Read this one: Optimizing Performance for WordPress
- Adsense maniacs, this one is for you Some Useful WordPress Plugins for Google Adsense
- Have a look at 10 WordPress plugins that turn visitors into repeat visitors
- Follow my weekly Tips For Improving Your WordPress Skills series
- Read these books and sharpen your WordPress skills:
WordPress For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))
The IT Girl’s Guide to Blogging with Moxie
Building Online Communities With Drupal, phpBB, and WordPress
Anything missing in the list ? I will appreciate if you comment and add your favorite WordPress resources here.
I have recently read The Starbucks Experience: 5 Principles for Turning Ordinary Into Extraordinary. It was one of the greatest books i have ever read. You should seriously consider having this book in your personal library.
The book was so inspirational that I intended to apply these 5 principles to blogging. Here we go:
Why Starbucks Is Successful?
Starbucks’ success lies in:
- Its ability to create personalized customer experiences
- Secure customer loyalty
- Stimulate business growth
- Generate profits
- Energize employees
Above are also key components of a successful blog. Top bloggers are using the full advantage of Web 2.0 technology to create customized experiences for their readers. They know what their readers are looking for, and they prepare regular content to satisfy their needs. Business growth and profit generation follow after they secure reader loyalty.
PRINCIPLE 1 – MAKE IT YOUR OWN
You should offer your readers a sense of belonging. Create a blog where your readers feel that they are a priority and where their day can be brightened for a moment.
Comment Relish is a great serving for this purpose. It increases your readership and RSS subscription rate by simply sending a short ‘thank you’ message to users when they first comment on your blog. This is a good way of welcoming your first time visitors.
Connect, discover, and respond.
- Connect. Your blog should create unlimited connection opportunities for your readers.
- Discover. Discover each reader’s needs and individual situation.
- Respond. Not only listen to your readers, but also take immediate action based on what you hear, and learn from these experiences for your future reader interactions too.
3. Be considerate
Simply look beyond your own “selfish” needs and consider the needs of your readers. Give before you get. How can you contribute to your readers?
4. Be knowledgeable
Always enhance your expertise in blogging. Value will always be added to your readers as you gain blogging related knowledge. Sharpen your writing skills. As you become more informed, your value to blogging, self-confidence, and the impact you have on your readers all increase.
5. Be involved
Actively seek participation opportunities in Blogosphere, improve your mentality, think about impossible, always aim high.
PRINCIPLE 2 – EVERYTHING MATTERS
Blogging is detail. When details are overlooked, even the most patient readers can be frustrated. Do not forget small details can make the difference between success and failure in the Blogosphere. i.e. Do not forget to spellcheck before you publish your blog posts.
PRINCIPLE 3 – SURPRISE AND DELIGHT
Your readers expect the predictable and the consistent, while hoping for an occasional positive twist or added value thrown in. Reader delight comes from a good combination of surprise and predictability. Be innovative, use your imagination, surprise your readers!
PRINCIPLE 4 – EMBRACE RESISTANCE
There are two types of loyal readers, readers who really do want their problems resolved, and those who simply want to complain about your blog posts. For some problems, your posts are enough, but for other types of resistance, your direct action is required. You should know when your posts are simply not enough.
PRINCIPLE 5 -LEAVE YOUR MARK
Successful bloggers realize that a key component of their success is leaving a powerful and positive mark in blogging communities and Blogosphere. Bloggers want to cooperate with, and invest in socially conscious bloggers.
Do you want to add something to above principles ? Please visit Internet Business & Making Money Online section of Search For Blogging Forum and post a new topic.